Wednesday, February 11, 2009

To the Moon!

Yes. I am completely crazy. But that is perfectly fine with me. I am going to knit my way to the moon. According to NASA, the moon is an average of 382,500 km away, which translates into 237,674.48 miles or 418,307,086 yards. Here I will keep posts and records of how far along to the moon I am.

To start, I am already 2.265m down. And that's just recently. I used .21 miles in my Half-Moon Happiness Shawl, 1.227 miles in a machine knit blanket that isn't finished, as well as .827 miles in a circular afghan that is also unfinished. When I figure out where to keep pictures of contributing items, I will post them.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet! To post a pic I always just upload to photobucket (I'm sure flikr works as well), and add the link in the window that pops up when you click on the little pic icon. HTH!
    Good luck!
    Mooshie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo! I hope you make it there...that's a loonnnnnngggg way to go in yarn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go! Go! Go! Isn't the internet wonderful. You think of something and boom...it's a reality! Good luck and bring us back some cheese please!
    Kimberli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh heh, we are several that will reach the moon this year, I think ;)

    ReplyDelete