Monday, February 29, 2016

Progress and Distraction

Happy Leap Day! I hope you got to enjoy at least some of your extra 24 hours doing something you wanted. I spent most of today taking care of my unwell baby. She's not full on sick, but she's certainly not herself. However, she went to bed early, so Mommy gets some extra knitting time tonight.

I'm making slow progress on the Death Star, but I feel a lot more confident about it now. I had a little help from my friends, and we discovered this really great pattern from Tin Can Knits. She wrote this fantastic pattern for a polka dot blanket, where the dots turn into squares, which is EXACTLY what I need the Death Star to do! So I'm knitting a washcloth according to the pattern to test it out and see how I can apply it to the Death Star. Once I get this technique down, I'm taking on the Death Star and bringing it down!

So along the way, I may have gotten a little distracted. And when I say a little, I mean a little. Like tiny. No... smaller. Itty bitty. Well, here, just... well, just look.
I've been tatting on and off for a while, but suddenly, because I'm insane or something, I needed to pick it back up. Normally, I use a shuttle, which is how I made the flower and butterflies above, but I took it one step further this round and learned needle tatting, which is the other method of tatting. For those of you a little less familiar, tatting is a process of lace making that uses either a shuttle (or two shuttles) or a needle. Through producing series of knots, you can create all kinds of beautiful shapes. Check out my Pinterest Board to see what I mean.

Okay, I'm going to stop yammering for now and get back to that crazy circle-square magic. I'll report in soon,

This is Captain Stevie, signing off.


No comments:

Post a Comment